Your itinerary will be yours alone!
As we take in your information and requests we are figuring out the best possible route with the best possible activities to make the most amazing adventure. With no obligations you will be provided a basic itinerary with map and timings which we can add to as needed.
Just tell us what you want and we will email you within a week with the starting pack. This journey is yours to create and master and it is super important to make it personal and exciting from the very beginning!
How far can I get in 2 weeks?
New Zealand is small to many but larger than you would expect. It’s a little bigger than the UK, and around the same size as California or Germany. We are an island nation with three main islands, the aptly named North Island, its less populated neighbour the South Island and down the bottom is Stewart Island, plus about 600 smaller islands dotted around the place.
New Zealand’s transport network comprises of 94,000 kilometers (58,410 mi) of roads and 4,128 kilometers (2,565 mi) of railway lines. Most major cities and towns are linked by bus services, although the private car is the predominant mode of transport. Most international visitors arrive via air and New Zealand has six international airports, but currently only the Auckland and Christchurch airports connect directly with countries other than Australia or Fiji.
Aotearoa’s roads are some of the most scenic in the world, are well maintained, well signposted and on the whole not very busy. Everything you ever wanted when driving around a country! Because of the size of New Zealand you will need at least 14 days to visit both islands and fit in a few of the vast array of activities available.
To comfortably visit both the North and South Islands by road you will need at least 14 days. It can be done in a little less with a couple of longer drives or if you decide to skip some sections and take the coastal pacific train or fly an ATR 72 from the north to south.
As a general guideline the following is a good starting point
- 3-5 days will allow you to do a short roady from Auckland, Wellington Christchurch or Queenstown which give the best access to local attractions.
- 5-10 days will mean you can explore with longer stops if doing one island.
- 10-14 days means your are adventuring through both islands starting on one and finishing on the other. This is our most popular and lets us show you more of our native land!
- 14-21 days allows for a more extensive trip with a good amount of 2 night stops and also allows time to include locations such as Milford Sound and Kaikoura or the Coromandel and Bay of Islands which might not be possible on shorter time frames.
- Anything over 21 days means you can do what you please!
Lets do this! Fill out our Adventure Contact Form and we will start this epic journey now!